Katie and Kameron Two Months Old
Congratulations Mom your baby is two months old. How are you feeling after this last month? Physically, emotionally or mentally. (remember there are no right or wrong answers)
- We are starting to get the hang of his routine! Since he’s sleeping more we’re better rested physically. Now that we’re more confident as parents since we’ve learned his hunger/sleep/I want to play cues it’s easier to handle the ups and downs of the day.
What has been your favorite part of this month with baby?
- How playful he’s getting and interacting with toys. He looks forward to tummy time and gets frustrated if we pick him up when he isn’t ready for it to be over.
What has been a struggle? Was it a surprise or expected?
- His two month growth spurt was HORRIBLE. It was a surprise because out of nowhere our happy chill baby was gone. Nothing we did for three days could help console him. He spent a majority of the time swaddled, snuggled, sleeping or eating.
How has your relationship changed over the last few months?
- Now that Kameron is older and able to go longer without naps and is sleeping better at night, we’re able to do things as a family or just the two of us a lot easier. When my husband gets off work it’s no longer “can you please hold the baby so I can shower/use the bathroom”. We also recognize the need for just the two of us date nights, so we decided we need to do something at least once a month baby-free.
What would you tell a brand new mom about the first months with baby?
- Don’t be discouraged if something you figured out stops working. Babies change so much from week to week something they like/dislike one day could be the opposite the next. Also parental instincts are real. If you sense you should/shouldn’t do something follow your gut. You might be tempted to ask people but you’ll get 10 different opinions anyways 🙂
Curious about the little love stories series learn more here The little love stories series is a great way to celebrate your new baby and capture all those sweet moments during baby’s first year! We book little love stories session during the last trimester of pregnancy. If you are expecting a baby now is the time to get in touch.
Expecting a baby read here on my friend Nani’s blog about Newborn Safety and what professional baby photographers want you to know Read Her Article Here